Rules for Admission in Bachelor of Education
All admissions are subject to the approval of the MGS University, Bikaner (Rajasthan).
(1) It is the responsibility of the candidate to follow the rules of admission procedure and the instruction imparted,
(2) The candidates have to remain present at the time of admission and get the original certificates along with
originals scrutinized by the relevant authorities. Candidate needs to submit photocopies of all certificates as
mentioned with the application form, original will be returned after verification.
(3) It is the responsibility of the candidate in every respect to see that the information asked in the application form is
filled properly and correctly. No information such as about merit, reservation will be allowed to change, once the
form is accepted.
(4) The candidates will be required to submit the attested copy of following documents, whichever applicable,
along-with the application form. Original documents should be brought for verification at the time of admission.
B.A./B.Com./B.Sc./B.H.Sc. or any other graduation mark sheet of All Years and degree certificate.
M.A./M.Com./M.Sc. or any other post graduation mark sheet of first and second year & degree certificate.
Mark sheet of P.T.C./D.Ed./B.P.Ed.
Caste certificate, Validity Certificate, Non-creamy Layer Certificate (Latest).
Certificate of physically handicapped.
Certificate of active military servicemen or retired military service man.
Certificate of Divorcee/Widow, Certificate of Project/Earthquake affected.
Certificate of Sports and others (At University Level i.e. after XII).
Certificate of N.S.S./N.C.C. etc., Certificate of Freedom Fighter.
Medical Fitness Certificate.
Full time Teacher certificate from Education Officer, Certificate of Kashmir Migrant., Any other relevant
(5) The Candidate having the university degree mark sheet showing grades instead of marks, should produce
attested copy of the university concerned showing marks equivalent to the obtained grades in case code no is
shown instead of subjects. List should be produced.
(6) The Candidate is required to select one subject as the first teaching method in the application form. The
candidate is required to select such a subject as teaching method which is taught at school level. Second
subject (teaching method) will be allotted by College.
(7) Both language method cannot be opted.
(8) Ragging is totally banned in the Institute/College. Anyone found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging is liable to
be punished. The punishments depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as prescribed under UGC act
1956 as further issued vide their draft notification No. F1-16/2007 (CPP-II) April 2009. All parents/students is required to
sign the undertaking at the time of admission as attached with the admission form.
Rules for Admission in B. Ed. (Two Year Course)
Candidates with at least 50% Marks either in Bachelor Degree and /or in Master Degree in Science/ Social Sciences/ Humanities, Bachelor in Engineering of Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% Marks or any other Qualification equivalent there to, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Duration and
Working Days -Duration
The B.Ed. Programme shall be of duration of Two Academic Years, which can be completed in a Maximum of Three Years from the date of the admission to the programme.
- There shall be at least Two Hundred Working Days each year exclusive· of the period of examination and admission.
- Institution shall work for a minimum of thirty six hours a week,· during which physical presence in the institution of all the teachers and student teachers is necessary to ensure their availability for advice, guidance, dialogue and consultation as and when needed.
- The minimum attendance of student-teachers shall have to be 80%· for all course work and practicum, and 90% for school internship.
- There will be a Pre-Teacher Education Test (PTET) for all B.ED./Shiksha Shastri Colleges of Rajasthan. Application forms for the same will be invited by the University. Conducting PTET. Candidates with minimum of 50% marks at the Bachelor‘s degree examination of the University (Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer) or of any other university recognized as equivalent there to will be eligible to apply for admission to B.Ed./Shiksha Shastri Courses through PTET. However S.C., S.T., OBC, special backward classes as well as physically challenged and widow or divorcee women candidates of Rajasthan securing a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in the Bachelors /masters Degree level examination will be eligible to apply for admission. No relaxation in the minimum percentage (not even 1 mark) as required above will be given to any candidates. Candidates who have passed graduation through correspondence course from any University by taking only one University examination or have not studied through 10+2+3 scheme or 10+1+3 (old scheme) are not eligible to appear in PTET.
- To qualify the Pre-Teacher Education Test (PTET) the candidates shall be required to secure at least 40% marks in the test. There will be no provision of grace marks. For being selected the candidate‘s name should figure in merit list within the total number of seats available in different faculties and/or categories.
- On the basis of performance of PTET a list of successful candidates will be drawn in order of merit showing against each candidates on the basis of the marks obtained.
- a) Out of the total number of seats, faculty wise 5% seats will be filled in on the basis of overall merit, irrespective of the district or state to which the candidate belongs.
b) For the remaining seats, faculty wise the Govt. of Rajasthan has reserved a fixed number of seats for each district in proportion to the population of the districts. However, in the event of non availability of such candidates these seats will be filled in from the overall general merit list.
5 a) Out of the total number of seats available in each faculty (Arts, Science and Commerce), reservation will be made as given here under.
- For candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes 16%
- For candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes 12%
- For candidates belongs of other backward classes 21%
- For candidates belonging to Special Backward Classes 01%
- For women (out of which 2% seats are reserved for divorced woman 8% seats for and widows) 20%
- For physically challenge (including blind, deal and or dumb and orthopedic) with at least 40% disability on production of a medical certificate on Form No.4 will have to be submitted duly signed by Medical Board or by Reader in the specially concerned where there is a Medical College or from the Junior Specialist in the specialty concerned or the CMHO at places where there is no Medical college (1% for Blind, 1% for Deaf and/or Dum b and 1% for orthopedic handicapped) 3%
- For In-service or a discharged/retired defense personnel or his/her ward. 5%
Notes on Rule 4&5:
- Candidate belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes shall be required to produce a Certificate to that effect from a District Magistrate / Sub Divisional Magistrate/Tehsildar.
- The term ‗ward‘ means only the son, daughter, wife and/or husband, real sister and real brother may also be treated ward of defense personal provided they are dependent on the guardian concerned and parents are not alive.
- Divorced women shall be required to produce a certificate from the court to the effect that she has been divorced.
- For defense personnel/wards certificates from the Major of the Unit/Secretary, Soldiers Board is to be provided.
- For deciding the candidature of a person from a district of Rajasthan the only consideration will be the district from where the candidates has passed secondary school examination
- As envisaged under Rule 4&5 the selection for admission is made faculty wise and to avoid an ambiguity on the score the faculty of candidate will be the faculty from which the candidate has passed his/her graduation. Exceptions to this rule shall be permitted only to candidate, who has passed M.A./M.Com. in two subjects and opted for selection under faculty from which he/she has passed his/her post/graduation in two subjects.
A candidate of any district/state may be admitted in a Teacher Education Institution in any district of the state. Admission to a Teacher Education Institution in a particular district cannot be claimed by any candidate on the basis of belonging to that district. Therefore, no confusion be borne by any person on this score. A widow or a divorced lady appointed as a teacher by the Government in relaxation of Rajasthan Subordinate Education Service Rules 1971 with the condition to pass B.Ed. within stipulated time be admitted to the B.Ed. course by waiving the following conditions by the V.C. on merits of each individual case.
a) Passing of PTET examination.
b) Be required 40% marks in the qualifying examination and
c) The requirement of having studied two subjects for two years and taking a university examination in two subjects in each year.